Trade HERizons is a career exploration and college preparation program with a focus on exposure to trades and technology careers, enhancing essential skills, career exploration and personal development. Participants experience hands-on learning opportunities with Holland College, meet mentors and tour with industry employers. The program enhances participants' life skills and focuses on labour market research, resumes, interviews, math and team building.
Trade HERizons Eligibility
People who are eligible for the program are:
- Women between the ages 22-45 (with flexibility) who have completed their grade 12 year, either through high school or through a GED
- Women that have a desire and aptitude to work in trades and technology sectors
- Women who have lived on PEI for at least 3 months and are either Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Women who are on EI, CRB, are working 25 hr/wk or less, are on social assistance or have no income
- Women who can commit to full-time programming
- Women who are ready to make changes in their lives through exploring new career options.
Trade HERizons is being created with COVID-19 protocols and Public Health Guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and program participants. We recommend program participants have a Vax Pass (as it is required for several external visits, including Holland College) but is not a requirement for eligibility to programming at this time.