Women's Network PEI is Hiring
Two Positions Available
Women's Network PEI is currently recruiting a Program Facilitator and an Administrative Officer.
Are you feminist? Do you have experience facilitating programs? Are you passionate about supporting people as they make change in their lives? If yes, please apply for the position of Program Facilitator at Women’s Network PEI!
The Program Facilitator works with a team to facilitate dynamic and transformative programs for women. Women’s Network’s programming focuses on supporting women to transition to sustainable livelihoods and we are looking for a new member to join our team!
Reporting to: Lead Facilitator & Project Manager, Women’s Network PEI
- Work collaboratively with lead facilitator to provide programming and facilitation services to meet organizational/project needs
- Create, design and implement experiential activities
- Select or develop tools such as training guides, course materials, and multimedia visual aids
- Adhere to the principles of adult learning and ensuring that participants are engaged and supported during the program.
- Ensure the learning environment is respectful and safe for all participants and address any issues/conflict in a respectful dignified manner.
- Develop and maintain accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities and processes including recording and monitoring attendance. Identify, invite, and coordinate guest speakers for programs. Communicate with participants with program updates, schedules, and changes via email and telephone
- Ensure that confidentiality and security of sensitive information is maintained and complies with the requirements of Women’s Network PEI and the Canadian Privacy Act.
- Other related duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and presentation abilities to effectively facilitate a variety of education experiences
- Proven community development and networking skills
- Ability to support clients and participants in programs as needed
- Knowledge on social justice and feminist issues in PEI and beyond
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
As this position is in an office and/or classroom environment, minimal physical activity is required. The work environment may be demanding when managing a learning environment which requires a high degree of confidentiality and flexibility. Standing for extended periods of time may be required.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Jillian Kilfoil, Executive Director (email@example.com) by Wednesday, September 6th at 5pm Atlantic time. If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch with Jillian Kilfoil. You can reach her by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 902-368-5040.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Also candidates may be contacted on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to submit your application as quickly as possible. Interviews will be scheduled on September 7th and 8th and the anticipated start date is Monday, September 11th.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing day-to-day operational support to the Executive Director and project staff of the Women’s Network. This position is responsible for a wide range of general office administrative responsibilities to support the needs of the organization.
Reporting to: Executive Director, Women’s Network
- Arrange meeting space, room layout and equipment for participants attending workshops and events, printing and distributing course materials as required
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution and prepare outgoing mail and deliveries
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails and voicemail messages to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- File material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide administrative support to management and project staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff as required
- Attend and take minutes at Board of Directors meetings, monthly staff meetings, and other Women’s Network meetings as required
- Assist in the coordination and completion of special projects, as appropriate
- Performs specialized services of a routine administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position
- Ensure that confidentiality and security of sensitive information is maintained and complies with the requirements of Women’s Network and the Canadian Privacy Act.
- Such other related duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs. Specific statements of responsibilities not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on assignments with minimum direction
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material using word processing, spreadsheet software, Internet and e-mail
- Ability to take initiative , working both independently and in a team setting
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation
As this position is in an office environment, minimal physical activity is required. The work environment may be demanding when managing several simultaneous tasks which require adherence to specific timelines and a high degree of confidentiality.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Jillian Kilfoil, Executive Director (email@example.com) by Wednesday, September 6th 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Atlantic time. If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch with Jillian Kilfoil. You can reach her by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 902-368-5040.
Please note that all applicants must be EI eligible and must fit the selection criteria for Employ PEI (http://skillspei.com/programs-for-job-seekers/employ-pei)
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Also candidates may be contacted on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to submit your application as quickly as possible. Interviews will take place September 7th and 8th and the anticipated start date is Monday, September 11th 2017.